Saturday, February 18, 2012

55 Chevy Progress

I've made some progress on the '55 Chevy. I mounted the master cylinders (clutch & brake) as well as the Wilwood pedals. I also ran into some issues with the motor mounts, I was using a mockup motor and it turned out there were some pretty significant dimensional differences between it and the blown big block we were actually going to use. So significant that it wasn't going to fit at all.

I had to cut the motor mounts I made off the frame and start over with the placement. I was able to remove them very cleanly so I used them again with no problems. I also had to modify the front saddle mount to clear the oil pan on the blown motor. The blown motor looks very impressive installed. Here's how it turned out.

The Wilwood master cylinders mounted easily. The dual reservoir on the left is for the brakes and the smaller on the right is for the clutch. Both will be polished.

The pedal assemblies are also from Wilwood. They have a race car feel that matches the rest of the car.
The blower motor is very impressive in the car! I had to rework the saddle mount and the frame mounts.

There is just under an inch of clearance between the blower pulley and the core support. The radiator will mount in front of the core support in the 6 cylinder position so there shouldn't be any clearance issues.

There's now plenty of room for the distributor at the rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment