Monday, February 20, 2012

Studebaker Progress

The Studebaker has been on hold a little, I got most of the fabrication work done and I had to take a break since customer work was piling up and so were the bills! During the down time, I sent the seats out to be redone (new foam and upholstery) and I also sent the dash with steering column, steering wheel & hardware out to get painted. My plan is to have the interior finished very nicely but still have the exterior in original patina. Imagine it as if  Ambercrombie & Fitch were building a hot rod. It would work perfectly, and be very nice to sit in but it would have a well worn feel to it as well. The big difference is that their patina is fake and mine is real.

Also, that mine makes 600 horsepower.

As with all outside vendors, progress is slow and expensive. I got the front seat back and it looks great. The dash is all painted as well, I am using a dark grey color that originally came on a 2010-2012 Porsche GT2RS. It goes with the red interior and black exterior perfectly. Check it out!

I love how the perfect finish of the seat plays against the 58 year old patina of the Studebaker paint.

The car was originally a black with red interior car. It still is! I'm really happy with the stitch work, the man I use is very talented, also very slow. It's worth the wait.
Remember how I modified the seat frame to clear the shifter? It's barely noticeable now but more importantly it works!

I really like the color of the dash. Even the paint shop who mixed the paint and the painter made comments about how nice it looks. When all the chrome trim and other details are installed it's going to look great.


No comments:

Post a Comment